- This event has passed.
Halloween Foray – Psilocybe presentation
October 29, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 pm
The North Texas Mycological Association is proud to be the first to bring Alan Rockefeller to Texas specifically to give his presentation on the psychedelic genera of mushrooms known as Psilocybe.
Alan is one of the foremost authorities on Psilocybe in the America’s. He will be giving an indepth presentation on various Psilocybe species and how to identify them, and where to find them.
In addition to the Psilocybe presentation, he will be hosting a microscopy workshop as well! Alan will be bringing his amazing microscope that will be plugged into the grand ballroom projector as he demonstrates everything you need to know about microscopy! We will also have 8 microscopes on hand for people to use as well as one dissecting microscope! This is your chance to learn from the master in this rare opportunity that is the first of its kind in Texas!
Only 18 and up are allowed, no dogs are allowed in the hotel but you can bring them to the forays.
So here is the event details:
Date: Halloween weekend, Friday the 28th, Saturday the 29th, and Sunday the 30th.
Location: Springhill Suites, 1434 Centre PL Dr, Denton TX
Friday preliminary events:
*registration starts at 6:30pm*
1) 7pm Social Hour (hotel bar is extra) We provide snacks and nonalcoholic drinks.
2) 8pm Nighttime UV walk! Come see the floor come to life with our UV lights!
3) Finish remaining social hour
1) Breakfast is complementary if you buy a room.
2) 9am begin half day foray
3) Lunch catered to foray location.
4) wrap up afternoon foray and return to hotel.
5) Deposit specimens
6) Eat Dinner around 5:30
7) Psilocybe presentation by Alan Rockefeller around 6:30
8) Social Hour (snacks/non alcoholic drinks provided)
1) Eat breakfast at hotel. 7:45-8:25
2) 8:30 leave after breakfast in the morning
3) 9am reach foray site. Will look around until 11:45.
4) 12:00 pm return to hotel to deposit specimens.
5) 12:15 Social hour with snacks and drinks.
6) 1-3pm Microscopy Workshop
7) 3:15 Final Specimen walk-through and discussion
8) Event wraps up at 4.